Monday, February 4, 2013

Week in Review (week 12)

85 days until I'm finished with school! Not that anyone is counting.

Nothing too majorly exciting happened since my last post. The puppy is phenomenal, very smart and sweet. She already has an arsenal of tricks and walks on the leash like a champ.

Hit 30k on my WIP this morning. Starting to enter that murky middle-ground territory where I have to keep reminding myself it's a first draft and it's okay if events aren't perfect this time around.

I've been reading Stacia Kane's Downside Ghosts series recently. It's urban fantasy, but completely unique and wonderful. I'm seriously addicted. The first three books are really cheap for Kindle right now. If you want to read some masterful world-building and voice, do yourself a favor and buy.

Hubby and I started watching American Horror Story. I'm a huge weenie with scary things, but now we're more intrigued by the story and our wild speculations as to what's happening/happened that the scary stuff is just something to get through for the plot.

I'm going to a birthing class tonight. Hold me.

And tomorrow I'm doing half my hours for service learning (community service). I'm teaching for half an hour on "general health." What a topic! I spent about 8 hours writing material and putting together a tri-fold board. I have so much to print for handouts that I'm going to have to go to the college, because my printer won't handle it. I'm nervous, but excited. I won't say what type of facility I'm going to, for privacy's sake, but it's something close to my heart.

Happy February!


Ripley hanging out with her Scottish Terrier friend. 

7 comments:

Linda G. said...

Ripley is so cute!

Sounds like you are as busy as ever. I think it agrees with you. :)

Teri Anne Stanley said...

Have fun with your "general health" teaching. A friend of mine is a (somewhat sheltered) first-year medical student, and she's been teaching sexual health to (hopefully former) prostitutes in a halfway house. I would so LOVE to go to one of those question and answer sessions!

Old Kitty said...

Awwww hugs to Ripley and well done you with your writerly progress!!

All the best with your birthing class!! Yikes!! take care
x

Sarah Ahiers said...

Yay! The end is in sight!
Also, i think it's weird that you're a weenie about scary things. I wouldn't guess that about you

Lola Sharp said...

AHS is awesome and creepy. The second (most recent) season was super creepy. O_0

Glad puppy is doing well. Hope kitties are handling it.

Hannah said...

Which season of AHS are you watching?? The first one? The second one just finished and I have to say the ending was disappointing. But I can't wait for the new season and I'd love to watch one all over again.

DL Hammons said...

I had to stop watching AHS because my wife banned me from the living room when its on. Too much for her...and I'm too lazy to walk 30 feet! :)